Terms and Conditions
1. Urban Bride reserves the right to change prices without notification. Prices on confirmed custom-made orders will not be changed.
2. Prices on website may differ from actual prices in-store.
3. Quotes are valid for 14 days from date of issue.
4. Approximately 10 – 12 weeks is required for manufacture of custom-made orders.
5. Expected delivery dates supplied for custom-made orders are an estimate only. As the merchandise is ordered from our international supplier we cannot guarantee exact day delivery.
6. I understand that because all Urban Bride garments are made to order, there are no returns or exchanges for any items ordered. All sales are final. Custom-made order cancellations will result in the deposit being forfeited.
7. Dresses are cut to specific measurements.
8. Merchandise colours may vary on screen.
9. Products displayed in the images are subject to availability.
10. All goods are to be paid for in full prior to collection.
11. Urban Bride is not responsible for any alteration that may be necessary after receiving the garment.
12. I have consulted with their sales person or an external professional seamstress and have agreed upon the proper sizing and measurements that is best suitable for me.
13. Exchanges may only be made on merchandise if the following conditions are met:
⦁ Merchandise is returned within 7 days of purchase.
⦁ Merchandise is returned in its original condition.
⦁ Merchandise has original tags attached.
⦁ The original invoice is produced.
14. No exchanges will be made on merchandise that has been altered.
15. No exchanges on custom-made orders or sale items.
16. No refunds will be processed.
17. Urban Bride will not be liable for any damages relating but nor limited to:
⦁ Cancellation of the wedding.
⦁ Any acts of God, riots which may affect the wedding.
⦁ Any late arrivals of gowns resulting from delayed orders from late payments made.
18. If Urban Bride is at fault, directly or indirectly for any defects in any item ordered or the late delivery of such item, Urban Bride’s liability will be limited to the value of the purchase price of the item and no subsequent damages will be claimable from Urban Bride, its members or its representatives.
19. A 50% non-refundable deposit is required for rentals and custom-made wedding dresses.
20. The balance is payable 30 days prior to collection.
21. All other custom-made dresses will require full payment, the payment is non-refundable as production takes place immediately.
22. It is the customers responsibility to ensure that the event date or wedding date is stated correctly on the order form, quotation and invoice.
Upon payment of the deposit I acknowledge that I agree to the following terms:
1. This Agreement is the entire Agreement between the Customer and Urban Bride.
a. Amendments to this agreement can only be made in writing and signed
by both parties hereto.
2. All prices are subject to change without notice.
3. A payment of 50% of the full rental price must be made on the day of reserving the dress for rental, failing which the dress will not be reserved for the wedding day until the payment has been made.
4. The outstanding balance of 50% of the full rental price must be paid 30 days prior to collection of the gown.
5. The refundable security deposit of R1500.00 must be paid 7 days prior to collection.
6. The rental price is inclusive of assistance in selecting and trying on dresses, dry cleaning and administrative fees.
7. The gown will not be released if there is any outstanding balance.
8. The Customer agrees that it is at the discretion of Urban Bride whether any alterations will be done.
1. A refundable security deposit of R1500.00 is required to be made 7 days prior to collecting the dress. In the event that the security deposit is drawn upon, in part or in full, by Urban Bride the Customer shall be notified and invoiced in writing.
2. The Customer agrees that it is at the discretion of Urban Bride whether the damage is solely to be deemed accidental or not.
3. Goods are hired to the Customer on the understanding that they shall be returned in an undamaged condition and the Customer will be responsible for, and indemnify Urban Bride against, any loss or damage to the goods whilst on hire.
4. The security deposit shall be forfeit, in part or in full at the absolute discretion of Urban Bride, by the Customer if, in the sole opinion of Urban Bride, the hired items are returned damaged, or if the garments are not returned due to loss or theft.
The security deposit is only refundable after dry cleaning or repairs and upon inspection of the dress to insure the dress is in the same condition as it was taken out. Damage to the gown will result in a hold of the deposit until the gown is repaired. If the dress is damaged, an estimate of the cost of the repair will be deducted from the deposit. The estimated cost of repair is strictly a decision of Urban Bride.
5. Should the damage be so severe that the gown can not be cleaned or repaired to its original state, the full security deposit will be retained by Urban Bride and the difference between the hire and full retail price of the gown will be charged to the responsible party.
6. Gown will be returned in the same condition that it was given to me, with the exception of expected slight wear (Includes dust/dirt on underside of hem and train and slight perspiration only.)
Accidental damage including, but not limited to:
1.Splitting of seams
2.Damage to zippers
3.and Loss or damage to buttons.
Loss, theft or malicious damage including, but not limited to:
1. Damage of garments due to spillage;
2. Severe hem stains (like motor oil, blood, food)
3. any bodice stains or front of garment stains
4. Cigarette burns to garments; and
5. Any rips, tears when gown comes into contact with sharp objects
Dress covers are loaned at no extra cost but are subject to a surcharge of R250.00 each if not returned or returned damaged.
Veils, petticoats and any other bridal accessories hired at an extra cost are subject to a surcharge decided by Urban Bride if not returned or returned damaged.
1. 9 months notice 100% refund
2. 1-8 months notice 50% refund
3. Late cancellations 30 days notice will forfeit their refunds
1. The rental period is for the period agreed upon, I understand that I am responsible for return of the gown within this period. I must notify Urban Bride if I am going to extend the rental time period before the 24-hour rental time is up.
2. In no case does the hire agreement cover a period greater than 5 days
3. Rentals must be back on Mondays before 5pm,if the dress is not returned by the agreed return date, the dress becomes the property of the rental party and the deposit will be retained and the renting party will be charged for the full retail price of the gown by Urban Bride as a sale of the dress will be deemed to have taken place.
4. If a rental dress is non-returnable due to loss or theft, the dress becomes the property of the rental party and the deposit will be retained and the renting party will be charged for the full retail price of the gown by Urban Bride as a sale of the dress will be deemed to have taken place.
FINAL CUSTOMER CHECK
1. Customer’s responsibility to check delivered articles
2. The Customer warrants that they will arrange for all hired items on their
order to be checked for correctness of size, colour and style WHILST COLLECTING
ITEMS TO ENSURE THAT ALL HIRED ITEMS ARE CORRECT, COMPLETE AND IN
GOOD CONDITION. Urban Bride will not be liable for any loss suffered by a
Customer who does not comply with this clause, nor will Urban Bride be liable for any loss of profit or any indirect or consequential loss suffered
1. Urban Bride’s liability, in any event, is limited to the value of the cost of hire paid by the Customer.
2. In the event that the rental dress has been stolen or damaged and Urban bride is unable to supply the client with the ordered dress or replace the wedding dress in time for the wedding date, the client will have the option to rent another available dress from Urban Bride at any value or alternatively be refunded in full.
VOUCHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- R1000 voucher is applicable to any custom-made wedding dress order or imported bridesmaid dress
- R1000 voucher on custom-made wedding dresses is valid until 31 August 2015, the new vouchers issued after the 1st of October 2015 are valid until 31 October 2015.
- R1000 discount on imported bridesmaid dresses is valid until 30 April 2015
- Only redeemable on custom-made wedding dresses or imported bridesmaid dresses from Urban Bride
- Redeemable for custom-made to hire or to purchase wedding dresses
- Redeemable in-store only
- Voucher will be deducted from final invoice
- Vouchers may not be accumulated, only one voucher is applicable per custom-made wedding dress order
- Urban Bride will not be liable for any discounts not redeemed before the specified dates